Center for Power Optimization of Electro-thermal Systems
Infant Incubator Lesson 2
What do we know about Babies?
Estimated class Time:
One 40-minute class period
What do we know about babies?
- Internet access
Lesson Level Learning Objectives:
- Science and Engineering Practice 8 Obtaining, Evaluating, and Communicating Information
- The students will use various sources to research information about the needs of newborns and explain how the research pertains to the task of incubating premature babies.
- Could begin with a video of a baby that students could then write questions about
What we Figured Out:
- Babies need to be able to breath oxygen.
- Babies need to have a stable body temperature.
- Babies need to stay warm.
- Babies need to eat frequently.
- Babies need to be cleaned frequently.
- Babies need interaction with others.
Questions we still have:
- How can we keep babies warm and meet their other needs as well?