Center for Power Optimization of Electro-thermal Systems
Infant Incubator Lesson 19
Which type of heat source remains most constant?
Estimated class Time:
One 40-minute class period
Which of the heat sources best meets the needs of the project?
- Distilled water
- Hot hands packs
- Paraffin packs
- Graduated cylinder
- Metric scale
- Foam plate
- Hot plate on which to boil water
- Oven mitts
Lesson Level Learning Objectives:
- MS-ETS1-3: Analyze data from tests to determine similarities and differences among several design solutions to identify the best characteristics of each that can be combined into a new solution to better meet the criteria for success.
- What combination of heat sources will produce the best incubator
What we Figured Out:
- How effective is a phase change material and is that the best option in our application
Questions we still have:
- How effective will the incubator be?