Center for Power Optimization of Electro-thermal Systems
Apply to FTL Program
Doctoral students in science and engineering are seldom provided training to prepare them to:
- Self evaluate their personal leadership style and weaknesses
- Manage and lead teams and budgets
- Communicate with business-oriented colleagues
- Transition from scientific to commercialized research
This year long program equips promising students with the necessary leadership and business skills to be prominent leaders in their field.
- Graduate students or postdoctoral researchers
- Applicant has a POETS faculty advisor
- Strong interest in pursuing leadership position at technology focused companies
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Students from underrepresented minorities groups, women, persons with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply
Application process opens July 1, 2022. Contact Phil Krein (email@example.com) or Owen Doyle (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions..
The FTL Fellows are chosen through a selective admission process that includes an application and faculty recommendation. Successful applicants must demonstrate knowledge of and commitment to the FTL program, an ability to work effectively in teams, and excellent interpersonal skills.
If you are interested, please submit your application HERE. If you have never used the POETS application system before you will need to click “Create new account.”
The application materials consist of:
- A 500-1000 word Personal Statement: Please describe your career goals and how the FTL program will help you to achieve these goals
- List of previous leadership experiences
- At least one professional reference
- Confirmation of research advisors' support for your participation
- Optional supplementary materials upload (anything you feel the review committee should review)