Applications for the 2017 REU Program have closed.
Meet our current and past participants!
Calling on engineering undergraduate students to help increase the power density of current mobile electrified systems by 10-100 times the current state of the art!
A 10 WEEK RESEARCH EXPERIENCE AT A POETS FACILITY FOR SUMMER 2017 FEATURING:
- Hands-on research
- Faculty/peer mentoring
- Professional development
- Travel support
- On-campus housing
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
- Undergraduates majoring in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) disciplines
- Students with an average GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher
- U.S. citizenship/national or permanent residency is required
- Students from underrepresented minority groups, women, or veterans are strongly encouraged to apply
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- A 500-800 word Statement of Purpose that addresses the following issues:
- Discuss your post-baccalaureate goals
- Discuss how you plan to prepare for a career beyond your bachelor’s degree
- Describe how your personal, cultural, and academic development has influenced your educational and career plans for the future.
- Explain how a POETS REU can assist you in shaping and achieving your academic goals.
- A copy of your transcript
- Your overall GPA and your GPA in your minor
- One faculty letter of recommendation
- A list of previous research experience
- Top four projects in which you are interested.
Application deadline: March 1, 2017
We will be accepting participants on a rolling basis so it is best to apply early.
Mr. Joe Muskin (email: email@example.com, phone: 217-265-6481)
Dr. Jessica Perez (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 217-300-5866)