Calling on engineering undergraduate students to help increase the power density of current mobile electrified systems by 10-100 times the current state of the art!
A 10 week research experience at a POETS facility for summer 2017 featuring:
- Hands-on research
- Faculty/peer mentoring
- Professional development
- Travel support
- On-campus housing
Who should apply?
- Undergraduates majoring in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) disciplines
- Students with an average GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher
- U.S. citizenship/national or permanent residency is required
- Students from underrepresented minority groups, women, or veterans are strongly encouraged to apply
What you will need:
- A 500-800 word Statement of Purpose that addresses the following issues:
- Discuss your post-baccalaureate goals
- Discuss how you plan to prepare for a career beyond your bachelor’s degree
- Describe how your personal, cultural, and academic development has influenced your educational and career plans for the future.
- Explain how a POETS REU can assist you in shaping and achieving your academic goals.
- A copy of your transcript
- Your overall GPA and your GPA in your minor
- One faculty letter of recommendation
- A list of previous research experience
- Top four projects in which you are interested.
Application deadline: March 1, 2017
We will be accepting participants on a rolling basis so it is best to apply early.
Joe Muskin (email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 217-265-6481)